Wednesday 22 August 2012

The story so far ......



The wonderful people we met last month gave us lots of material to edit, plenty of food for thought. We'll be back on the road next week, so we thought we'd give you a sample of the wisdom we've encountered so far.


"Every town here is full of beauticians.
I've spray tanned ladies up to 80.
Eyebrows are a massive thing for men at the moment."


"This idea that everywhere's full of drugs – I don't think it's any different from areas of Cardiff or anywhere in the country."




"There's not a lot of hope here. For me anyway, I can't see it.  The way out for me has been just working so hard to get away and I don't plan to come back."





"It would be nice to bring the valleys back to little businesses back in the towns, bring the money back, bring the people back."




"It's all one big party. Nothing's really that serious and it's all about having a good time. Try it sometime, you might like it."

Watch out for more posts next week.



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! I love the juxtaposition of the Dial a Dog Wash van with the comments about spray tanning. It sends my imagination off in all sorts of directions!!!

    ReplyDelete